Twitter Authentication Fails

May 27, 2011 at 1:28 AM

I've created an app in Twitter and entered my api key and secret in the configuration, but when I attempt to login to twitter or post from an activity and authorize the app, I receive an error that it's unable to authenticate with Twitter.

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 1:31 AM
Are you using the release code or the code from the source code tab? The latter should now work

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 5/26/2011 6:28 PM
To: Nick Randolph
Subject: Twitter Authentication Fails [socialviewer:259173]

I've created an app in Twitter and entered my api key and secret in the configuration, but when I attempt to login to twitter or post from an activity and authorize the app, I receive an error that it's unable to authenticate with Twitter.

May 27, 2011 at 1:33 AM

I was using the release.  I'll try from the source code.  Which source code item changed?  I"ve made some tweeks to some things and don't want to overwrite them.

Thanks

May 27, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Nevermind, figured it out.  Works!

Thanks

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 2:02 AM
Great. Hope to have another release available in about a week

Sent: 5/26/2011 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: Twitter Authentication Fails [socialviewer:259173]

Nevermind, figured it out. Works!

Thanks

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:46 AM
nickrandolph wrote:

Thanks

Would you share the resolution?  I've grabbed the most recent source (89702), but I am still encountering issues with Twitter.

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2011 at 5:48 AM

What issues are you still seeing?

Nick Randolph | Built to Roam Pty Ltd | Microsoft MVP – Windows Phone Development | +61 412 413 425
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email in any way. Built to Roam does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Built to Roam.

Sent: Thursday, 9 June 2011 3:47 PM

nickrandolph wrote:

Thanks

Would you share the resolution? I've grabbed the most recent source (89702), but I am still encountering issues with Twitter.

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:23 AM

Getting authenticated to Twitter, but get an error "Unable to authenticated with Twitter, please ensure you have a network connection and enter valid twitter credentials."  Trying the authorization process again has me signed in to the Twitter UI, but I cannot authorize the app - I just keep getting the error.  Behind this error is a twitter screen with a random number, and some instructions on how to revoke the authorization; so it seems like it is working, but that authorization never shows up in the twitter.com list of auth'd apps

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2011 at 6:36 AM

Great…. Looks like Twitter have changed the page layout again breaking it (again)

Nick Randolph | Built to Roam Pty Ltd | Microsoft MVP – Windows Phone Development | +61 412 413 425
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email in any way. Built to Roam does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Built to Roam.

Sent: Thursday, 9 June 2011 4:24 PM

Getting authenticated to Twitter, but get an error "Unable to authenticated with Twitter, please ensure you have a network connection and enter valid twitter credentials." Trying the authorization process again has me signed in to the Twitter UI, but I cannot authorize the app - I just keep getting the error. Behind this error is a twitter screen with a random number, and some instructions on how to revoke the authorization; so it seems like it is working, but that authorization never shows up in the twitter.com list of auth'd apps

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:40 AM
Edited Jun 9, 2011 at 6:41 AM
nickrandolph wrote:

Great…. Looks like Twitter have changed the page layout again breaking it (again)

Getting authenticated to Twitter, but get an error "Unable to authenticated with Twitter, please ensure you have a network connection and enter valid twitter credentials." Trying the authorization process again has me signed in to the Twitter UI, but I cannot authorize the app - I just keep getting the error. Behind this error is a twitter screen with a random number, and some instructions on how to revoke the authorization; so it seems like it is working, but that authorization never shows up in the twitter.com list of auth'd apps

Awesome.

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2011 at 7:00 AM

Try attached – will upload to source code tab shortly

Sent: Thursday, 9 June 2011 4:41 PM

nickrandolph wrote:

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Checkin 89830 resolved it.

Thank you!