Images in feeds

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:34 AM

That's a good questions and I'd like to know how too as well.

Facebook seams to display images within the app, but not in the page view. RSS shows in the page view, but not the app view. It would be nice if they both showed images in both views.

Oh and png's do not seam to show up at all.

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:03 AM
Edited Nov 17, 2011 at 8:04 AM

i found some code in mainpage.xaml that isnt working right, after adding an rss feed to the whats new page.The code has an image tag so i don't know if its related. for me the app runs, but only 20 or so feeds are listed on the page the last few are spaced farther, and the app crashes if you open any of the last 4. works fine tho until i add a feed. could it be the feed itself?

on line 106 in this code i get the error 

"Object of type 'System.Windows.Data.Binding' cannot be converted to type 'System.Uri'. 

106 <Image Controls:LowProfileImageLoader.UriSource="{Binding ImageUrl}"   Stretch="UniformToFill" />

Great work on the template. If i can't work this out I'll wait it out for a mango version. 

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I believe the new build will help you with that http://socialviewer.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/95080

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2012 at 2:03 AM

The latest build will definitely help you as it uses a WebBrowser control to render the contents of RSS feeds. However, please note that this is an Alpha build and still has a lot of work before it is ready for use in production apps.

The main functionality still to be added/fixed are:

- Multi-tile support (ie pin list to start)

- Background agent to support updating pinned tiles and downloading content

- Re-introduce support for posting

- Add support for posting image and video to social networks that support these media types

- More, more, more documentation – I’ve made a good start with the configuration.xaml file but the rest of the source needs more work.

- …. I’m sure there are points that I haven’t thought of

Nick Randolph | Built to Roam Pty Ltd | Microsoft MVP – Windows Phone Development | +61 412 413 425 | @btroam
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email in any way. Built to Roam Pty Ltd does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Built to Roam Pty Ltd.

Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 5:54 AM
To: Nick Randolph
Subject: Re: Images in feeds [socialviewer:273891]

I believe the new build will help you with that http://socialviewer.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/95080