Launch time failure

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM

When I run with the marketplace test kit, the app fails the launch time requirement - loading it in 6-8 seconds when it must be less than 5. I had wondered whether the number of feeds on the main page was to blame, but removing these makes no difference. Perhaps when I did 'Upgrade to WP 7.1', it caused problems? Is there any obvious way that I can reduce the launch time?

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Hi,

There is a new version of the social viewer being worked on atm. It was due out before Christmas but due to some delays it won’t be until early next week I think at this stage.

Unfortunately there is no quick-fix to beat the load time issue. Suspect that so long as you have a splash screen your app will still pass marketplace approval – the test tool can sometimes give some bogus results imho.

Nick Randolph | Built to Roam Pty Ltd | Microsoft MVP – Windows Phone Development | +61 412 413 425 | @btroam
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email in any way. Built to Roam Pty Ltd does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Built to Roam Pty Ltd.

Sent: Wednesday, 28 December 2011 11:58 PM
To: Nick Randolph
Subject: Launch time failure [socialviewer:284352]

When I run with the marketplace test kit, the app fails the launch time requirement - loading it in 6-8 seconds when it must be less than 5. I had wondered whether the number of feeds on the main page was to blame, but removing these makes no difference. Perhaps when I did 'Upgrade to WP 7.1', it caused problems? Is there any obvious way that I can reduce the launch time?

Thanks