Question regarding Trial Mode

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I want to configure a social viewer based app to show ads only if the app has not been purchased and not to alter the functionality or usability of the app in any other way.

Would this be the proper way to achieve this in Configuration.xaml?

<Config:ReaderConfiguration x:Key="Configuration"                           

FeedbackEmailAddress="me@mail.com"                           

FullFunctionalityInTrialMode="False"                 //Do not want to enable Full functionality          

FullFunctionalityTrialModeLengthInDays="0"                       //Do not want to enable full functionality ever    

TrialModeLengthInDays="9999"                           //Would like the app to display advertisement indefinitely unless purchased

TestMode="Disabled"                           

LinkShortener="BitLy">

Thank you for any input on this, I am having difficulty affirming this in my testing efforts.  

-Paul

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Change the TestMode property to test the different states – there should be comments in the configuration file as to what each of the test modes is. Your configuration looks ok for what you want.

Nick Randolph | Built to Roam Pty Ltd | Microsoft MVP – Windows Phone Development | +61 412 413 425 | @btroam
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email in any way. Built to Roam Pty Ltd does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Built to Roam Pty Ltd.

Sent: Sunday, 12 February 2012 9:24 AM
To: Nick Randolph
Subject: Question regarding Trial Mode [socialviewer:307952]

I want to configure a social viewer based app to show ads only if the app has not been purchased and not to alter the functionality or usability of the app in any other way.

Would this be the proper way to achieve this in Configuration.xaml?

<Config:ReaderConfiguration x:Key="Configuration"

FeedbackEmailAddress="me@mail.com"

FullFunctionalityInTrialMode="False" //Do not want to enable Full functionality

FullFunctionalityTrialModeLengthInDays="0" //Do not want to enable full functionality ever

TrialModeLengthInDays="9999" //Would like the app to display advertisement indefinitely unless purchased

TestMode="Disabled"

LinkShortener="BitLy">

Thank you for any input on this, I am having difficulty affirming this in my testing efforts.

-Paul

Feb 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM

@Nick,

Thanks for the confirmatiion.  I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  

For what it's worth to anyone else I also went and commented out the 4 or so instances of "you have x days left until trial expires".

The abiility to test in different test modes is clutch.

-Paul

May 15, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Oh very cool, I like that.

So if I....
                                FullFunctionalityInTrialMode="True"
                                FullFunctionalityTrialModeLengthInDays="5"
                                TrialModeLengthInDays="9999"
                                TestMode="Disabled"

Then after 5 fully functional days it'll go into "Limited" mode and after 9994 days it'll go into "Trial" mode?