Youtube instead of Flickr

May 5, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Is it possible to replace Flickr with Youtube?

I've been trying several things but I can't even seam to even get a youtube channels RSS feed to be displayed ... ie. http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/users/zollotech/uploads

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks,

Coordinator
May 9, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Etnad

Be aware that the feed you’ve selected is an Atom feed so you’ll need to change the parser that’s specified in the configuration file.

Nick Randolph | Built to Roam Pty Ltd | Microsoft MVP – Windows Phone Development | +61 412 413 425 | @btroam
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email in any way. Built to Roam Pty Ltd does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Built to Roam Pty Ltd.

Sent: Saturday, 5 May 2012 10:09 AM
To: Nick Randolph
Subject: Youtube instead of Flickr [socialviewer:354592]

Is it possible to replace Flickr with Youtube?

I've been trying several things but I can't even seam to even get a youtube channels RSS feed to be displayed ... ie. http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/users/zollotech/uploads

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks,

May 9, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Hello Nick, Thank you so much for the reply!!!!!

I've tried Atom, but I get an error in the RunTimeRepository.cs that says "KeyNotFoundException was unhandled."

var loadedActs = (from act in context.SocialActivities
let enc = act.Enclosures.ToArray()
let source =
sourceDict[act.FeedSourceName]
select
CreateSocialActivityWrapper(source,
act))
 .ToArray();

Coordinator
May 9, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Seems to imply one of your lists is looking for a feed that doesn’t exist. Can you set a breakpoint and see what FeedSourceName it’s looking for?

Nick Randolph | Built to Roam Pty Ltd | Microsoft MVP – Windows Phone Development | +61 412 413 425 | @btroam
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email in any way. Built to Roam Pty Ltd does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Built to Roam Pty Ltd.

Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012 3:47 PM
To: Nick Randolph
Subject: Re: Youtube instead of Flickr [socialviewer:354592]

Hello Nick, Thank you so much for the reply!!!!!

I've tried Atom, but I get an error in the RunTimeRepository.cs that says "KeyNotFoundException was unhandled."

var loadedActs = (from act in context.SocialActivities
let enc = act.Enclosures.ToArray()
let source =
sourceDict[act.FeedSourceName]
select
CreateSocialActivityWrapper(source,
act))
.ToArray();

May 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Okay.. I think I have that issue resolved... it was a stupid late at night kind of mistake.

I'm able to use the Atom feed on the first panel (as a test) and it populates the feed... so I know the feed is working now.

When I try and use it on the horizontal list, the panel is blank. If I comment out  <Filters1:HasImageFilter /> the horizontal list shows one tile with text from the first post in that feed, no image. When I click on the tile, Visual Studio give's me image and video enclosure warnings "Make sure you have not released a resource before attempting to use it." If I skip past those, it takes me to the RSS feed page but no images or video links are available.