Using SocialViewer in Existing App

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone has tried using SocialViewer in an existing app they've built. A few of my apps are currently using RSS and Twitter viewers I wrote myself, with limited functionality. I was looking to expand the capabilities but I figured I'd take a look to see if there were any projects that I could leverage instead. This looks perfect, especially now with the layout customizations. Though I'm wondering what the best course of action would be to integrate this. Should I look to move all my code over to a new project that uses SocialViewer as it's base or should I be porting over SocialViewer code from a generated project? Or is there a better 3rd option?
Jun 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM
The twitter feed is currently broke on this template.

Twitter feeds are not working after Twitter depreciated their api version 1.0. Only the new version of the api 1.1, is working. I think the only thing that needs to be changed, is the link used to attach to the twitter api. the link should be https://api.twitter.com/1.1/.......

I cannot find anywhere in the app code where this can be adjusted. It must be located in one of BuiltToRoam Libraries, which I do not have access to edit.

I really need to know if this can be fixed or if it is going to be fixed. I have two apps in the Windows Phone Marketplace using these apps and they are currently broken, TWITTER does not update. I have to make some type of decision to remove these apps or redesign them, really soon.
Jun 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Is that true for the "Source Code" version? I pulled it down yesterday and used the guide Nick wrote here (http://nicksnettravels.builttoroam.com/post/2012/01/06/SocialViewer-gets-Windows-Phone-Mango-treatment.aspx). I thought for sure twitter was working in it.
Jun 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I guess not, looks like all the working things I noticed in the template were for blogs.
Jun 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Also it looks like much of the API that used to be open in v1.0 now required OAuth for the data in v1.1.
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Twitter recently changed their apis. Unfortunately we haven’t been able to roll an update for the socialviewer in a while. I’ll see what I can do to get it resolved to get twitter working again. Thanks for your patience.

Nick Randolph| Built to Roam Pty Ltd | Microsoft MVP – Windows Phone Development | +61 412 413 425 | @btroam | skype:nick_randolph
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email in any way. Built to Roam Pty Ltd does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Built to Roam Pty Ltd.

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I thought that in the most recent build (source code tab) that the url for twitter was in the source code for the social viewer – see TwitterSourceUrl.cs?

Nick Randolph| Built to Roam Pty Ltd | Microsoft MVP – Windows Phone Development | +61 412 413 425 | @btroam | skype:nick_randolph
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email in any way. Built to Roam Pty Ltd does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Built to Roam Pty Ltd.

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:00 AM
No problem.
I didn’t mean to come across demanding or ‘jerkish’, if I did. It’s just that my apps in the marketplace are broken and I have searched and searched through the Social viewer code and can’t find the URL for twitter. And I needed to know if there was going to be a solution or if I should start planning a redesign or rebuild.
I really appreciate this app (A BUNCH). Like I said I have 2 apps in the marketplace using this template and I'm a day or two away from releasing a third implementation of the social viewer template.
Thanks Nick. Everyone I know, that I can speak to directly, not email, loves the speed and layout of this style app.
Sent from Windows 8 Mail
Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎June‎ ‎19‎, ‎2013 ‎9‎:‎38‎ ‎PM
To: [email removed]

Twitter recently changed their apis. Unfortunately we haven’t been able to roll an update for the socialviewer in a while. I’ll see what I can do to get it resolved to get twitter working again. Thanks for your patience.

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:17 AM
I don’t see anything for Twitter. There is a Facebook source URL in the Extensions folder

Sent from Windows 8 Mail
Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎June‎ ‎19‎, ‎2013 ‎9‎:‎40‎ ‎PM
To: [email removed]

I thought that in the most recent build (source code tab) that the url for twitter was in the source code for the social viewer – see TwitterSourceUrl.cs?